Thursday, February 3, 2011

You don't REALLY want ice cream do you ?!


I say Ice, you say Cream ... ICE! ... CREAM!
 That was the question that I asked Brooklyn after we walked to the car in the bitter cold and freezing wind in the Vista Ridge High School parking lot.
She had just finished her final cheerleading experience (for 2nd grade at least) at the girl's JV basketball game and we were planning to celebrate with a special treat.


Her response to my question?
"Oh yeah Daddy!  I LOVE ice cream!"

At length we agreed on going to McDonald's, but only through the drive thru (we had Myra with us and I didn't want to take her out in the cold if I didn't have to).  Brooklyn rememberd that she liked "that ice cream in the cup" which means a hot fudge sundae.  I broke the piggy bank and got a large order of fries for her too, which she later shared with all her siblings when we got home.  That scene made me so proud of her because she was so kind and generous with HER special treat!

She suggested that I get a frosty from Wendy's for myself (I had given her the choice of either place) and then offered up that I could share it with her if I was too full.  Cute kid, but a little too sneaky for just 7 years old if you ask me.  I opted not to get the frosty, but she was still quite happy with the surprise fries!

...

No comments:

Post a Comment