Tuesday, March 29, 2011

What's Your Favorite Cereal ?

You'll note I did not title this blog "What's your favorite breakfast cereal?"  That's because for me, cereal has NEVER been just a breakfast item.  It is a great meal anytime, including lunch or dinner.  It makes a great snack in between meals (if you pick the right cereal that is).

I love kid's cereals like these:















I love grown-up cereals like these:






















But my favorite (since I first tried it) has been this cereal:


So I am curious if anyone out there likes cereal anywhere near as much as me?  Do you have a favorite that you think I should try?  Let me hear ya readers!  :)

...

5 comments:

  1. Great post! Love the pictures of the different cereals, especially the Wheaties one with Mary Lou Retton (ah, the memories!) I loves me some cereal!! It really is the perfect food for any time of the day! I didn't know you liked Reese's Puffs - I've heard they're really good. As for me, as you probably know, I'm still hooked on Golden Crisp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh... cereal! My favorite these days is Life but I also love: Cocoa Krispies (not Cocoa Pebbles... found that out the hard way) Frosted Mini-Wheats (ate those a lot while pregnant with Casey) and every once in awhile I get a craving for good old Grape Nuts. And I agree, cereal is an everytime type of food and I buy cereal sometimes just to make treats... I usually have Rice Chex in my pantry but you'll never see me eat a bowl of it, just use it to make Muddy Buddies. Mmmmmm... Muddy Buddies.... man, I'm hungry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Count Chockula and Lucky Charms! Great... now I am hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Jaimee - Life cereal is great when I eat cereal. I like the cinnamon Life. I used to love Capt Crunch but now it's way too sweet. Pops were always a go to cereal when I was growing up but once you get to a certain age you don't want to scarf down your food before it's gets soggy cause it causes heartburn or indigestion or something like that...gotta love your 30's...I'm sure it gets even more fun once you get into your 40's. And that is all I've got to say about that. :) Miss you Josh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky Charms, hands down. Eat all of the oats and save the marshmallows for very last! Another favorite is Cocoa Puffs because you get chocolate milk at the end. A bonus! And totally agreed that cereal is more than just a meal for breakfast AND none of the cereals can be generics. :)

    ReplyDelete