Saturday, July 16, 2011

Too Much Basketball ?!

On Thursday I played over 4 1/2 hours of basketball.  I think (at this age anyway) that this may be too much.

I played in the afternoon for about 2.5 hours.  This was full court basketball with LOTS of open running and hustle on defense, etc.

I played again in the evening for about 2 hours, which was on a 3/4 sized court so there was much less open running, but much more physical play in such tight quarters.



I never thought it could be possible to have too much basketball ... but the way my body ached afterward (even with two ibuprofen + a 32-ounce gatorade + at least that much water in my system) I thought I might die!


Remember "that guy" from the movie
Along Came Polly ?!  I'm NOT that
hairy and I NEVER play shirtless!
On a side note (one which you will wish you hadn't read about) ... when did I start sweating so much while playing basketball?!  I never had to change shirts before but now I think I am becoming one of those guys that need to bring extra "dry" t-shirts to switch into between games.  After driving home (about 10 minutes) that evening, Karen noticed and commented on how soaked my shirt was.  Yikes!

I guess I really am getting older!  Dang it!  :)

...

1 comment:

  1. Totally cracked me up!! I especially loved the shot from "Along Came Polly" - I haven't see the movie all the way through, but I did see this scene! It was funny and gross! I'm with you...it sucks getting older!

    ReplyDelete