Wednesday, August 31, 2011

ANOTHER New TV Show ?

I blogged around a month ago about watching That 70's Show with Karen.  We finished watching the full series a little over a week ago and were looking for another new-to-us series to watch (or catch up on) through our Instant Netflix on the Wii.  We scrolled through the available TV Shows, etc. and one title caught my attention: Merlin

I know my brother-in-law and his wife have watched the series for a while now, but it struck me that at least one other couple we know had mentioned it (although I simply cannot remember who!)

So we gave it a go ... and I have to say, I was pretty impressed.

The acting is good (sometimes a little over-the-top).  The storylines are fair (nothing too unpredictable, but I kinda like being able to figure out how it's going to end each episode).  The dialogue doesn't drag too much (there have been a few scenes that seemed like time-fillers).  The premise is unique enough (it is a King Arthur based dramedy focused on the early life of the famous sorcerer Merlin).

But I have to wonder ... if all the individual parts of the show are so mediocre ... why am I enjoying it so much?!  We've burned through maybe a dozen episodes already and I literally can't wait to see where the show is headed.  I'm totally bought into the main characters and I get frustrated when we have to stop watching for the night to head to bed.

Perhaps it is true that the sum is greater than the parts.

...

2 comments:

  1. I've caught some of the show, just flipping through channels, and it does look kind of interesting. I agree with you that with some things the sum is greater than the parts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ITsyndicate Server Management Services | Azure DevOps | Support & Maintenance.
    Website and Server Monitoring – Monitor applications and web service. Stop worrying about server downtime, security and monitoring. Get on-board with our server management services and let us handle your servers. Top DevOps Services Company! itsyndicate.org
    For the past decade, our dedicated DevOps teams have accumulated impressive expertise in uniting development and operations using such advanced DevOps technologies as Gradle, Jit, Jenkins, Bamboo, etc. DevOps services we provide allow businesses enjoying the stability of operating environments, cutting the development time, and getting faster feature delivery. DevOps Services Company - https://itsyndicate.org/services/devops-services/ and https://itsyndicate.org/blog/devops-consulting-services/.

    ReplyDelete