Thursday, August 4, 2011

Have you heard The Martini Shot band ?

I love music.  I am sure I've started many blogs with those three words.  But they remain as true as ever and are worthy of repeating often!

This is Ryan.  He's always so sad!  :)

I'm not very up-to-date on local musicians, but a few years ago I had the opportunity to be the "boss" for a very talented guitarist.  Ryan "Sizzle Pizzle" Walter plays lead guitar for "The Martini Shot Band" which is comprised of guys from Colorado Springs and Pueblo.  For a few years Ryan and I worked together on the same team and we talked often about music (when we weren't doing work related stuff).  He graciously gave me copies of two of the three CDs his group had put out.  Not only was I very impressed by the gesture, but some of the songs were just amazing!  They have become favorites on my MP3 player and my wife and kids enjoy hearing them too.  Here are links to a few of them:






(If these links won't play for you just go to their website and you can click
through the song list at the top of the page to the ones you want to hear).

Recently I checked out their website again and was completely ecstatic to find that their music is ALL available to listen to on the website!  Better still, I can actually listen to the songs at work (which is a minor miracle since anything streaming - audio, video, etc. - is blocked due to our "workplace policies") !  I spent the better part of one full day just listening to some of my favorites, but I was also able to hear a few "new to me but long ago recorded by them" songs.  "Pittsburgh" was listened to at least a dozen times in a row and I enjoyed "This Highway" too!

So if you're looking to hear some kickin' local musicians, check out their website and let me know what you think!

...

No comments:

Post a Comment