Wednesday, August 17, 2011

What's For Dinner Dad ?

I won't go into all the reasons, but suffice it to say that I am (and have been) in charge of dinner in this house for this week (and possibly into the next week).  Karen is fine and if you read this blog of hers you'll know that WE are fine too!  Let's just say it is my turn for dinner around here for a little while.

The blog post title has been asked of me literally dozens of times ... in just three days of my cooking.  It's not that I mind the question, but sometimes "daddy dinner" is a spur of the moment thing.  Awww, who am I kidding?!  It is always a spur of the moment thing!  :)

Tonight I was in a bit of a rush (swimming with the 11-year old scouts tonight) so I asked Karen's opinion of what to make for dinner.  She suggested the good old classic "Macaroni and Cheese."  I thought to myself The kids will NEVER go for that! but I decided to take her advice (Side Note here -- Husbands, always take advice from your wife, especially when it comes to things related to the kids!)

Having just barely set the 2 boxes on the counter, Josh Jr (11) lopes up the stairs and says "My eyes see something that is making them very happy about dinner!"

Two minutes later, Savannah (5) starts to ask this blog title and I cut her off to say "Macaroni and Cheese."  Her face explodes into a big grin.  She wraps her fingers into a fist and pulls her arm down swiftly in a pumping motion while exclaiming loudly "YES!"

Hearing that from the other room, Catalina (4) bounds in and says "I yuv macanoni an' cheeze!"

Who knew?!  I'm not trying to impress these kids anymore.  I'm going with pancakes tomorrow night and we'll go all out with ramen noodles on Friday!  :)

...

1 comment:

  1. I don't think there's a kid out there that DOESN'T like Mac & Cheese. I mean, I am the pickiest eater of all time and even I love Mac & Cheese!

    ReplyDelete