Monday, September 5, 2011

Do you have House Keys ?


That was the question I asked my wife when I called her this afternoon.
Let me back up so you'll get the whole story.

It's Labor Day and the family was at the VGRA Pool for one last swim before it closes for the year.  I didn't really want to sit around so I offered to head on home and fire up the charcoal briquettes so we could have hamburgers and hot dogs (if we could find any in our house that weren't frozen).  Karen and the kids love my flame-grilled burgers so she was quick to say yes.

I drove home, knowing I would have to hurry since it was already 11:45am and I had to be to work at 1:00pm.
I opened the garage door, waved at my neighbor as I got out of the car, and proceeded to the house door inside the garage.
I was SHOCKED to find that it would not open.
I realized immediately that it was LOCKED.  :(

Here's the worst part (for me anyway):
 - I had gotten up at 4:55am to help get kids up and ready to go to the
hot air balloon classic (a family tradition on Labor Day).
 - AFTER that, I had gone golfing with my father-in-law
(we played 9 holes on a local Par 3 course).
 - And I had not showered or even changed into "cleaner" clothes yet!

So today I was at work, feeling grungy and NOT wearing a Progressive shirt for the first time in as long as I can remember!  It was horrible!  :(
We have now decided to get a few extra sets of house keys and will keep them in secret but accessible places from now on!

...

1 comment:

  1. Whoops! I would have felt quite grungy too! But at least there weren't too many people working today, right?!

    ReplyDelete