Saturday, September 24, 2011

Heaven or Hell ?

I've thought about doing this blog for a while but wanted the right context.  The past few days have included several discussions with a variety of different people on the subject of these two presumed "final states" we can end up in after this life.
 - Heaven being that beautiful Utopia that you alone envision wherein you can live a life of luxury doing whatever you truly want to for the rest of eternity.
 - Hell being that place where you will forever dwell in pain and agony, which may include physical, mental, emotional, psychological, and other types of suffering.

I could write this blog on the concept of each, or expound on my belief that we'll all be in the same place after we die but it is our perception of whether that is heaven or hell that will make the difference for us in the eternities ... but I'm not in a "deep thoughts" kind of mood.  No, this blog is simply a collection of some of my favorite songs that include the word Heaven or Hell.  I hope you enjoy at least some of them.

The "Heaven" Songs
Heavenly by Harry Connick Jr
Heaven is a Place on Earth by Belinda Carlisle
My Blue Heaven by Harry Connick Jr
Heaven Is by OMD
Just Like Heaven by The Cure
How Far Is Heaven? by Los Lonely Boys
Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton


The "Hell" Songs
(I included "devil" songs so I could have an even numbered list)
Gives You Hell by All American Rejects
What the Hell?! by Avril Lavigne
Highway to Hell by AC/DC
Devil Went Down to Georgia by the Charlie Daniels Band
Devil Inside by INXS
Devil with the Blue Dress by Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels
Devil in Disguise by Elvis Presley

Okay ... so there's some pretty convincing arguments that Heaven makes for much better song titles.  I know there are dozens more songs in each category, but these are the ones that "make the grade" for me ... looking at the overall lists I would say that Heaven Wins !!!  :)

...

1 comment:

  1. Nice song list!! I thought of a few more songs for your list: "Only Heaven Knows" - Donny Osmond; "Rock 'N' Roll Heaven" - The Righteous Brothers; "Heaven's Just a Sin Away" - some country duo; "Heaven" - Bryan Adams; "Devil or Angel" - Bobby Vee; "Devil Woman" - Cliff Richard.

    ReplyDelete