Monday, October 24, 2011

Brother Case, can you pass today ?

I posted before about what a great experience it was when my son received the Priesthood, but it got even better this past Sunday!

It was supposed to be Josh Jr's first opportunity to pass the Sacrament in church and we were all excited for him.  As it turned out, he was also chosen to be the Bishop's Aide (this is a Deacon that sits on the stand with the Bishopric and becomes their runner if they need anything) so the experience was very new and different and fun for him.

But the coolest part for me was when one of the other Deacons came up just before Sacrament Meeting began and asked me the title of this blog post.  I was so excited for the opportunity to pass the Sacrament with my son the very first time HE was getting to pass it!  For me, it is always an honor to be involved in blessing or passing the Sacrament, but this was an even better experience because of the timing!

I am so proud of the young men in our ward, but one of them in particular has my admiration more than the rest!  Congratulations Josh Jr on your first opportunity to exercise the priesthood in the service of others!
May your life be filled with many more opportunities to serve and bless the lives of those around you!

I didn't take a picture of my "little guy" in his suit
but this is the most recent one I have.
He's getting so tall!  And still super cool!  :)
...

No comments:

Post a Comment