Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Do you Foursquare ?!

Of course the iPad (and iPhones, etc.) are primarily used for "business" and official, very important, and serious stuff ... but what you might not know is that there are actually some FUN things you can do on an iPad.

This is a most shocking revelation, I know, but it is nevertheless true!

I've found several fun apps myself (such as this bowling game I play) and some that I had just "heard about" (like Angry Birds, etc.) But my buddy Mark has introduced me to several apps over the past few days (and many more before then, but those were for more serious use).

I got signed up for Foursquare which apparently allows you to check in at a variety of locations once you are within the right proximity. Then you get "points" for the number of places you check in and a variety of bonuses for other things. It is somewhat of a sub-culture where not everyone even knows about it. I think an iPhone would be much easier to check in with, but it's not too tough on the iPad.

I have earned a lot of points already, even with cheesy check-ins like Gate 30 at the Airport, etc. There is a benefit to this silliness ... Mark was able to get us free chips and salsa at Chili's by "checking in" while we sat at our table. Better yet, you can become the "Mayor" of any location by "checking in" the most over a certain period of time. Looks like I'll have to set up a location for "The Case Place" and maybe my neighborhood so I can be the mayor of those areas ... that'd be fun! :)

...

No comments:

Post a Comment