Friday, November 18, 2011

Do you recognize this ?

The "knob"                                   The "crank handle"

What you see above is a picture of the no-longer-connected portion of my window crank handle.  I was exiting my vehicle at my parent's house and my leg brushed against the inside of the door.  I heard a loud "SNAP" and then noticed something go flying 10-15 feet away from my car.  I walked over and picked it up, only then to realize what it was.

This may not seem like a big deal, after all, how often do you need to roll down your windows anyway?  Apparently, more often than I realized!

It has been a challenge to roll the window down in the drive thru at restaurants, let alone put it back up as soon as I drive off after getting my food.  And that is just the tip of the iceberg.

Thankfully it is wintertime so I have until the spring to figure out how to re-attach the knob to the window crank handle.  I am hopeful that some good super glue and my being careful will help me avoid some crazy duct-tape remedy.  But if that happens at least I'll have another easy blog post!  :)

...

1 comment:

  1. I vote for duct-tape :-D but you should also check out a junk yard and see if you could buy a new handle. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete