Monday, November 14, 2011

Where's my Driver's License ?!

Oh crap!

That's what I was thinking as I sat in my cramped seat on my puddle-jumper flight fromColorado Springs to Denver this morning. I'm headed to Phoenix for a few days for work and this was the first flight of four total in which I will need my license as a form of ID.

I checked all my pockets and all my luggage (I had a bad "lost luggage" experience the last time I traveled and checked a bag so today I'm just brining everything in a carry on back pack).

I frantically walked to the front of the plane and asked the stewardess if I could go back and check to see if my license had been found. They were quite polite, but I knew we were just about to take off so I knew I would be holding us up.

I asked the gate agent if I could go out and check. He said yes and then I asked how I would get back in. His reply was "good luck" ... which was quite humorous (though I did not find it funny at that particular moment).

As I got back to the terminal I heard the end of a message that sounded like this "... Joshua Case, please report to the TSA security check-in section to retrieve your lost property."

All at once I felt relieved ... and seriously stressed at the same time. For those who have not had the pleasure of visiting the Colorado Springs Airport, let me explain that the TSA checkpoint is at the very front of the airport. And, of course, our flight was departing from gate 12 ... which is the absolute furthest gate for said checkpoint!

The rest of the retrieval went without a hitch, but it was a terrible tragedy avoided and an odd way to start this trip!

It did reaffirm my belief in listening to the promptings of the Holy Ghost. I am convinced it was His still, small voice that made me wonder where my license was. And I know it was Him who helped me have the confidence to get off the plane, walk very swiftly across the whole airport, and still make the flight on time.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment