Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Ever Get To Work From Home ?

I love my job.  Progressive is a great company to work for, but my specific role within the company is even cooler!

You see, I have not been feeling well all weekend (my weekend consists of Sunday and Monday) and when I woke up this morning I just knew I would not be able to make it into work today.  I also didn't really want to go in because I don't want to spread any germs, etc. if this is more than just a little nasal congestion.

Enter: my work laptop and some pretty cool technology.

I am sure for many people in this day and age, the ability for me to virtually logon to the network at work and complete a full day's work from the relative comfort of my own home office is not that impressive.  But for me it always is a blessing!

I met with my boss (talked on the cell phone about a few urgent matters), reviewed calls for members of my team, completed WBTs (web-based training courses) for our new main system, IM (instant message) chatted with over ten different people (some on my team, but most from other work departments), reviewed attendance, updated performance management info for two team members, coordinated plans around a schedule change for one of my team members, scheduled meetings and a host of other items.

All while sniffling and sneezing and trying to stay hydrated.

How cool is that ?!  For me, VERY cool!

Song Of The Day:
Once again, this is a bit of a stretch, but I've always liked the song
"Unbelievable" by EMF and it applies for today.  It is just quite unbelievable to me that I could complete a full day's work from my own home ... and for most that work with me, it was no different than my being in the office.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment