Saturday, January 12, 2013

How's The Elevation Treating Ya ?!


I often forget (because you just don't think about it all the time) that we live at roughly 6000 feet in elevation here in beautiful Colorado Springs, Colorado.

The times I remember about the elevation difference are usually when I am reading articles talking about visiting professional teams having to come to Denver, CO for some sporting event.

You might not be aware, but the Baltimore Ravens had to come here today for their NFL Playoff game against the Denver Broncos.  Welcome to MILE HIGH + boys!  Hope you brought your oxygen tanks and masks!  (Editor's Note: Apparently the Broncos defense forgot to bring theirs ... how disappointing!)

Song Of The Day
I've had several friends share some of their favorite music with me over the years, including burning me CDs, etc. so I can expand my experience.  This song was brought to my attention by Linda Schow, a good friend from work.  Originally performed by the group Postal Service, "Such Great Heights" has been performed as an a capella song by many groups in the last 5 years.  The performance linked above is one of my favorites, done by Umass Dynamics.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment