Saturday, January 26, 2013

Isn't It Always Better Together ?

I am an introvert by nature.  This may surprise some people who know me only in certain settings (at work, on the basketball court, in church, during scouting events, etc.) because my outward energy often seems to be more full in larger group settings.

Truth be told, I revel in "alone time."  Sure I enjoy being around other people and most often that does boost my energy level, but it also drains me in a way I cannot really explain.  Some days it is just too much and I long for an hour or two where I am just by myself with no responsibility to anyone else.

With that in mind, I have to say that there is one person who I am almost never happy to be "alone" from.  And that's my awesome wife and best friend Karen!

I call her my "Pretty Lady" (which is a nickname whose origin will likely be a future blog post) and she just calls me "Handsome."

We actually get to see each other all the time, but we almost never seem to have enough "us" time.  Just time to talk about life ... and our hopes, dreams, fears, and random experiences we've had since we last got to just hang out together.  I realized how much I was missing this time in this past week and was grateful for the opportunity we had a few days ago to just "be together" without everything clamoring for our attention (kids, work, extended family, house, cars, etc.)

I love and appreciate you my beautiful bride!  Looking forward to "hanging out" again real soon!  :)

Song Of The Day:
I think my mom introduced me to Jack Johnson's music, but regardless of where my love of his music originated, he remains one of my favorite soft-rock styled artists.  His song **"Better Together" always reminds me of time spent with my sweetheart.  It is always better together with you my love!

**This is not the original album version of this song.  If you want that version click here.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment