Monday, January 14, 2013

Who Left The Lights On ?

I say this all the time in my house.  It seems like every room I go into has a light on in it, whether there is anyone in that room or not.  This alone is troublesome, but it's not really the most bothersome thing to me.  What bugs me the most is ...

When did I become that guy ?!

I'm really confused.  How did this happen?  At what point did I become some sort of vigilante with these on and off switches.  It's not like I have to change that many light bulbs (they last for the longest time).  It's not like they really use that much energy (and I'm certainly not an energy conservationist ... although I do support the cause).
So why am I so charged up (pun intended) about this?!

My best guess is that it all started when I began working again with the Cub and Boy Scouts over 6 years ago.  There is a concept in Scouting called "Leave No Trace" and while it is more centered on camping and outside situations, the message applies anywhere: Leave a place as good or better than it was when you first arrived.  And so my obsession with turning lights off when you leave a room was born ... I think.

Song Of The Day
I thought for a little while about different songs that might apply to the topic of today's blog and then it hit me!  "I See The Light" from the movie Tangled (sung by Mandy Moore and Zachary Levi).  I loved this song the first time I heard it (which was while watching the movie on a daddy-daughter date with my oldest daughter Brooklyn).  Who knew "Chuck" had such a great singing voice?!  :)

...

1 comment:

  1. Love your reference to the song "I See the Light" - I still think it SHOULD have won the Best Original Song Oscar, and not that stupid song from "Toy Story 3"!

    ReplyDelete