Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Why Should I Believe You THIS Time ?

How much can people change?  And how long can we (or should we) keep believing that things with them will be different?

I believe people can change completely.  I've seen it in the lives of people around me, mostly good but sometimes for the worse.  But I wonder if I'm being too naive to believe in certain people who continually promise they will change?  Only to have them break those promises and then drag out the same tired excuses for their stagnant status.

I remain the hopeful optimist with almost 100% of the people I interact with.  But that hope turns into cautious realism every time another promise is forgotten.  Forgiveness will always be there, but I don't feel bad for the hope dissipating.  Should I ?!


Song Of The Day:
I came across the group Nickel Creek while watching some actual music videos on VH-1 or MTV back in the day.  They were a bluegrass group and had some reasonably popular songs on the country music charts.
Then about a year ago, out of the blue, I came across this video and song called "Doubting Thomas" and immediately loved it.  The video is a bit somber and sad, but the melody is hauntingly beautiful.  Check out some of their other stuff if you like this one (lots of it is upbeat and they have some straight instrumental tunes too!)

...

No comments:

Post a Comment