Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Am I Asking For Too Much ?

Today, my children had another "snow day."  They relish these times and I remember what it was like when I was their age.  It's a "free" day with virtually no responsibilities.  Even as adults we need days like this now and again.

But ...

I got home to a mostly snow-covered driveway.  And it was in the 40's (temperature-wise) today, so it isn't like it was too cold to shovel the walks, et. al.  Especially since both of my older boys (13 and 11 years old) were playing on their iPod / iPhones as I walked in after shoveling the snow myself.


Song Of The Day:
I know it is unrelated to kids or shoveling snow, but "All I Ask Of You" from The Phantom Of The Opera was on my mind as I cleared the driveway this afternevening.  I'm just asking for some basic household responsibilities to be taken care of without having to ask.  Is that too much to hope for ?

...

No comments:

Post a Comment