Saturday, February 9, 2013

Do You Wear Glasses ?

I am "legally blind" without corrective lenses.  I have been for as long as I can remember.  I have not worn glasses on a regular basis for decades though.

A rare photo of me
in my "spectacles"
I love to play basketball and I'm a big fan of peripheral vision, hence my preference for contact lenses.
Most people at work have never seen me wearing glasses but it still surprises me when someone asks me if I wear contacts.

My two oldest kids, both boys, wear glasses.  But when I was a kid that was a bad thing and an easy way to get picked on.
Nowadays, it seems it makes kids cooler (especially if the glasses look ridiculous like that Old Navy lady or all those "hipsters.")  That is equally weird to me, but I'm not switching back to glasses!

Song Of The Day:
Another country group that is quite popular across genres is Lady Antebellum.  But my favorite song of theirs is not one that was ever released on the radio (that I know of).  It is titled "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" and is a beautiful ballad of love.  I think the tie in with my blog topic today is reasonably obvious.  :)

...

No comments:

Post a Comment