Friday, February 1, 2013

Does It Get Any Easier ?

I haven't specifically written about my P90X experience in several weeks, and I thought it was worthy of a brief update (plus I'm short on time tonight so that works too!)

I'm in the 4th week of the program which is titled the "Recovery Week."  After three very grueling weeks of arms, chest, abs, back, shoulders, abs, quads, thighs, abs, calves, and of course abs, I was looking forward to this week.  And then, just two days into it, I realized it's not much of a "recovery" at all!

Oh sure, the Ab Ripper X workout is non-existant, but there's no shortage of "core" work ... especially the Core Synergystics workout, which was the inspiration for this blog post.  You see, that workout is done twice during this "recovery" week, and when I did it (for the first time ever) on Tuesday night, it darn near killed me!  BUT ... tonight, it was easier.  Not a lot easier, but it was noticeable (and appreciated for sure!)

In fact, I think it is that way with almost all of these workouts.  Don't get me wrong, they are still very hard and my muscles ache afterward and I have to towel off many times during the workouts.  But I can tell that my muscles have gotten stronger and my flexibility has improved greatly (although you wouldn't think so if you saw me ... LONG way to go on that part).

There is a second subject that the title of this blog post could easily be referring too ... eating healthier and drinking water instead of soda.
But that's another story for another time.

Song Of The Day:
I have more than a passing interest in jazz music.  I'm no traditionalist, but I do like the old stuff as well as more recent jazz music.  Harry Connick Jr has been one of my favorite jazz musicians for many years now.  In the 90's I was a very big fan.  Today's song is "Trouble" from his album titled "She" which has some great songs on it.  The tie-in to the post above is that some of these P90X workouts give me trouble to begin with, but "now trouble is all I need" (lyrics from the song).
BTW ... do NOT bother watching this youtube video linked above (it is horrible!) but the song is definitely worth listening to.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go on the P90X!! I totally admire you for sticking with it!!

    ReplyDelete