Thursday, February 7, 2013

Have I Been Doing It Wrong ?

Tonight's P90X workout was Yoga X ... again.  This marked the 5th time I've done that particular workout.  (It should have been 6 but I missed one in the first month when I had a head cold and was too dizzy to complete it).

I am not entirely sure the reason why, but this evening as I completed the full hour and a half workout, it felt great!  Sure I was sweating like crazy and still very unflexible (especially as compared to the people on the video) but I completed every part of the workout (I even did Crane for about 30 seconds, which has never gone well for me thus far) and I feel great after it.  The stretches toward the end felt amazing and my mood is definitely calmer and happier (it had been a somewhat angry day up until that point).

So I wonder if I've been doing it wrong on all these previous workouts?  I didn't have any of the kids trying to work out with me, so maybe that helped.  :)

Song Of The Day:
Among my favorite jazz musicians is Mindi Abair, a talented saxophonist who can actually sing pretty well too.  One of her songs is titled "Home" and the tune just relaxes me in a way similar to how I felt after Yoga X tonight.  I hope you like it.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment