Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Ever Been "On Fi-i-i-ire" ?!

One of the downsides to my P90X workout commitment, has been that I had no extra energy to participate in pick-up basketball games during the week.  This caused two concerns: first, it made me sad (because I love basketball); and second, it ruined my reasonably accurate shooting stroke.

During the church basketball season, I could not make 3's to save my life!  My shots were always long (could I hope this was due to stronger arms?!) and just didn't feel right ... but I was only playing ball one time per week (pre-P90x I was playing 2-4 times a week).  This only exacerbated the first concern above (it made me more sad).

Then, last night, it was like a miracle unfolded!

I was en fuego from the start of the very first game!  It was honestly like the flaming basketball and crazy announcer and crown noise from the original NBA Jam video and arcade game.  Not only were my three's back, but I was making almost ridiculous shots look easy (I asked other players as the night wore on and they confirmed I wasn't just dreaming this amazing experience.  A few hard fouls made sure I was awake too!)

As I think back, I realize that I played 4 times last week, and had already played once this week ... so perhaps I just needed to get back into the swing of things.  I surely do not expect to stay that "hot" but as long as my shot isn't gone forever, as I feared it might have been, I am no longer sad at all!  :)

Song Of The Day:
Both the song title and artist name relate to today's post.  Tears For Fears was a quintessential 80's group, although their music was not often very sad.  Their song "Everybody Wants To Rule The World" is one of my Top 5 Favorite Songs of All Time, and it was on my mind last night as I ruled the court.  Good times!

...

No comments:

Post a Comment