Thursday, March 7, 2013

Have You Seen Those Nuggets Lately ?!

I know, I know ... two basketball-related posts in a row.  I am running the risk of losing any non-sports followers from my blog.  I am sorry, but have you seriously seen the Denver Nuggets play basketball since the start of the year?!

I haven't always been a Nuggets fan.  Much like my now-beloved Broncos, I once actually despised the team.  The reasons back then could easily be attributed to lack of education or appreciation for the game.  Or it could be that the team sucked.  Regardless, I have been a proud Nuggets supporter for well over two decades now, which includes some pretty weak seasons.

But I have never been as big a fan of the team as I am this year (which built from my love for them last year, especially after the soon-to-be-recognized-as-the-best-trade-in-franchise-history departure of he-who-shall-not-be-named to the Knicks).

Why do I love this team so much?

Here are just a few reasons:
 - They all have strong talent and skills, but are not superstars.  This means they have confidence in themselves, but not over-confidence.
 - They play hard.  This means they hustle and dive and never give up.  I admire this from anyone who makes millions of dollars for what they do.
 - They are flashy and fun to watch, but not sloppy.  This means they play as a team and look for the crowd-pleasing dunks without forcing things.
 - They are young.  This means they have some room left to grow and improve, which should only enhance their trust in one another.  And trust wins games!

So keep on winning Nuggets.  It might be very unrealistic to hope for a Finals victory or appearance or conference finals appearance this year ... but the future is yours to dominate if you stay humble, work hard, and keep having fun while you play!

Song Of The Day:
In honor of the awesome players we (the Nuggets) got in that awesome trade last year, here is one of my favorite SpinDoctors' songs titled "How Could You Want Him (When You Know You Could Have Me?)"  It is perfect for this blog as it is in the form of a question, and it is truthful about the "replacements" we got in that deal.  Nice move(s) Denver front office staff!  Thank you!

...

No comments:

Post a Comment