Sunday, April 14, 2013

Am I The Only One Who Does This ?

Regular readers of this blog know that I often compare my own experiences with those of the world at large.  I believe myself to be unique in many ways, but I also hope that I am very similar to lots of other people out there.

Yesterday, while driving home from work, I engaged in a legal activity while driving and wondered aloud how many other people do the same sort of thing.  No, I am not talking about driving with one hand on the wheel or picking your nose or even chatting on the phone with Bluetooth.  Here's what I did:
  • I was coming up on the stop light at Dublin and Powers, needing to turn left and head East toward my home.  Instead of waiting in the long line in the left-hand turn lane(s), I turned right.  I drove west on Dublin for about 100 yards and then spun a legal u-turn, stopping once I got to the light.  That light went green and I drove past all those people who were ahead of me in the left-hand turn lane line.
I know this probably doesn't save me any real time on my drive, but there are probably a half-dozen intersections in Colorado Springs where I will follow a similar pattern because the left turn lane just takes f-o-r-e-v-e-r to go green again.  I know I can't be the only one who does this ...

Song Of The Day:
I have mentioned how I like to periodically listen to Spotify (and Songza and Pandora, etc.), if only to hear new artists and music that are rarely if ever played on the radio.  The song "The Way I Am" by artist Ingrid Michaelson is one that I liked from the first notes I heard.  I think it is appropriate for today's post because "takes-a-'u-turn'-at-certain-stoplights-instead-of-waiting-to-turn-left" is the way I am ... and I'm okay with that!  :)

...

No comments:

Post a Comment