Wednesday, April 10, 2013

That All Just Happened TODAY ?!

I don't normally brag on my awesome kiddos, but just this afternoon I learned the following about four of my seven kids ...
  • Ben was first in his grade at school for reading during the quarter.
    • AND ... was selected (one of 12 from his elementary school) to attend a space mission practice event.
    • AND ... competes in the school district's Battle of the Books tomorrow. 
  • Brooklyn was second in her grade at school for reading during the last quarter.
    • AND ... is going to audition for the school talent show by singing "The Star Spangled Banner" (which is really a tough song!)
  • Savannah moved on to the semifinals of the school talent show (singing "Trouble" by Taylor Swift).
  • Catalina got the BIGGEST part in her kindergarten play for school (Blue Shark, with about 7 lines of dialogue ... out of maybe 20 lines for the whole class).
 

Well done my awesome offspring, well done!

Song Of The Day:
Looks like I finally have a reason to use "Lovely Day" by Bill Withers.  This is an oldie but a goodie and contains my favorite it-is-being-held-out-so-long-you-think-the-singer-will-pass-out note in the history of music!
A Lovely Da-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-ayyyy!

...

No comments:

Post a Comment