Sunday, April 7, 2013

Why Does Wearing A Tuxedo Make You Feel ... ?

More mature.
 
Authoritative.

Manly.

Regal.

They say the clothes don't make the man, but as one of my fellow groomsmen so eloquently stated "the tuxedo can sure make the man feel more confident!"

Today my best friend from my 15 years at Progressive, Greg Lofthus, wedded his awesome wife, Erin Logan (now Erin Lofthus).  The wedding was held at The Briarhurst Manor and was equal parts spiritual, raucous, and just plain fun.
I wish these "kids" (I can say that even though Greg is technically older than me!) a lifetime of happiness together.

Being priviledged to be one of Greg's groomsmen, I had the opportunity to rent a tuxedo for the wedding.  This is the first time wearing a tux in almost 15 years.  I must say, it was quite nice!  :)

I have no idea why, but wearing the whole get-up for the whole day was not an annoyance or bother, but was rather enjoyable and made me feel all of the adjectives listed above.  I cannot even try to explain it, but there's just something about being decked out to the nines that changes your whole approach to any situation.  People treat you differently.  You act differently.  I liked that, a lot!

Song(s) Of The Day:
In honor of this special day, here is a two-fer song of the day.  Of course the classic default song here is "Sharp Dressed Man" by ZZ Top.  And jumping forward three decades, here is a small tip of the proverbial top hat to Justin Timberlake's "Suit And Tie"  Enjoy!  :)

...

No comments:

Post a Comment