Thursday, May 30, 2013

Can Angry Birds Make You Less Angry ?

I am a very impatient person much of the time.  Don't believe me?  Ask my wife or my kids.

I hate waiting.

I hate having 'nothing' to do.  Even when I'm supposed to be relaxing, I want to be involved in doing something.

A scene from Angry Birds Rio,
which has LOTS of added levels
and bonus challenges to complete
The other day, while sitting at a typically long stoplight, I pulled out my phone and played a round or two of Angry Birds on my iPhone.  No wifi needed.  No data used.  Just flinging birds against bricks, crates, and piggies.  A few minutes later the light changed and it was time to drive off.  I was actually more bothered at having to put the game away than I was troubled at how long I was stuck waiting at this stop light.

And since I almost always have my phone with me, I realized that I don't have to let short waiting periods bother me any more.  Not only can I play a mindless game to pass the time, but I can read scriptures, make notes and to do lists for the future, or look through photos in my gallery.

It's like a life-changing situation brought about by technology ... and I'm very grateful for it!


Song Of The Day:
Even better than regular a capella music, is a capella music that finds popularity on mainstream radio.  "The Longest Time" by Billy Joel was one of my first introductions into a capella music and it's success as a single led to much radio play when I was an easy-to-influence youth.  That song is another example of technology having a profound affect on my life forever after.  Without the radio and pop music, I doubt if I'd ever have found such love for a capella music.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment