Saturday, May 18, 2013

What Are You Waiting For ?!

Everyone has their own pet peeves when it comes to driving.  I know I've blogged before about some of mine (most recently regarding tailgaters), but it's been a while since I've mentioned my two biggest irritating situations.

#1 on that list is people who DO NOT know how to use the right turn merging lane.  Just turn right and then speed up so you can simply merge with flowing traffic.  This is less difficult than parallel parking ... or almost any other driving technique or skill.

#2 on that list is people who CANNOT commit to turning left at ANY intersection.  If there are no cars coming ... GO!  If the stoplight changes yellow and you're in the intersection ... GO!  If we both have time to turn left before that car gets to the inersection ... GO!  GO!  For heaven's sake ... GO!

I apologize for anyone who has to have me sitting behind them at an intersection.  Whether you are turning right into a merging lane or going left against oncoming traffic ... I am just not very patient when you are not actually moving closer to your destination.  I also apologize for going around YOU if you take too long.
I just can't think of any other way to help you see that there is nothing to wait for or be afraid of.  Follow me if you're not going to lead!

Song Of The Day:
Although the song is about love, the title is perfect for this post ... "Just Go" by Lionel Richie is exactly what I want to (and often do) yell or shout at the person behind the wheel of the car in front of me in these scenarios.  Please.  Just.  GO!

...

No comments:

Post a Comment