Saturday, May 25, 2013

Who Are "They" ?

Have you ever been talking with someone and they say something like "They say you're supposed to avoid ... whatever" or "They say that's good for you." ?

Who are "they" ?!

Have you ever been reading an article online and see the phrase "according to a source" or "sources near the situation have confirmed" ?

Who are "sources" ?!

And perhaps the most important question ... how do I get THAT job?!
I'm good at telling people things.  I am fine being 'quoted' as a source.  I am just one person, but a group of myself and my peers would gladly be "they" if you needed me to be.

Song Of The Day:
I suppose if you were always a 'source' you'd probably get tired of always being the person who knows things.  In that vein, "Wish I Didn't Know Now" by Toby Keith is the song for this post.  It's a lost love song that I think 'they' would like.  Sources should have told Toby about his ex-girlfriend a while ago I guess.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment