Saturday, August 10, 2013

Do You Not Know How To Whisper ?

It happens at church.  It happens in libraries.  It happens in doctor's offices.  It happens at work.  It happens in meetings.  It can happen at parties.  It can happen in a small or large group setting.

Some people just don't seem to know how to whisper.

I can forgive this in many different circumstances, but when you are trying to have a private conversation, an improper whisper can ruin it faster than anything else.  It is not a matter of speaking softly or in a lower voice tone, but involves using more breathy speech.  I have found myself on the receiving end of some very embarrassing situations with people who simply cannot whisper.  As a result, there are several people that I avoid talking to whenever there is the potential need for a whispering voice.  If you try to whisper to me and I quickly remove myself from the conversation, take the hint that you are one of the people I am writing about in this post.

If you need help learning this skill or practicing it, just let me know and we'll find a less public situation where you can get better.  Otherwise, I will continue pretending that I cannot hear you.  This is for the good of everyone around us.  Trust me.


Song Of The Day:
I know that I have featured the artist Harry Connick Jr. in this blog before but his song "(I Could Only) Whisper Your Name" is just too fitting to pass up here.
Not only is the song awesome, but the volume of the tune demonstrates exactly how NOT to whisper!

...

No comments:

Post a Comment