Thursday, August 1, 2013

How Do You Get You Chin Back?

While feeling my 'scratchy' goatee with her little fingers, my youngest daughter Myra asked me that blog post title question this morning.  Of course I laughed and then tried to have a logical discussion with her about how my chin was still there underneath the whiskers.  Silly daddy, you can't reason with a 3-year old!

She is obsessed with my facial hair and often tells me to 'shave it off' or 'grow it back' ... but the most amusing thing is that she actually means the opposite thing when she says this.  Like today, she wants me to grow back my chin and when she tells me to "shave you beard back" she means grow it out so it is longer or more full.  It has taken me about a year to figure that out.

Man I love that kiddo!  :)


Song Of The Day:
People often say that daughters have their daddies wrapped around their little fingers, but I think the title of Garth Brooks' tune "Wrapped Up In You" describes my feelings better.  My little Myra still shouts "Daddy, you home!" whenever I come walking in the door.  I love it when she wants to wrap her little arms and legs around me in a hug.  I love all four of my daughters and they will all eventually find out how much I want to just hug them and hold them all the time!

...

No comments:

Post a Comment