Saturday, August 24, 2013

Movie Night At Work ?

I really do love where I work!

At least once per year, for the past few years anyway, Progressive has sponsored an outdoor movie presentation in the courtyard between our North and South buildings.  There is always lots of snacky food (cotton candy, popcorn, sno cones, sodas, etc.) and the movie being played on the big inflatable screen is a recent DVD release.

Obviously when my whole family comes that adds a LOT of people to the attendance sheet.  An amusing commentary on that is that our RSVP notification allowed room to list 5 guests per employee.  I joked with one of my peers at work about which kids don't get to come.  She offered a unique solution ... she signed up to bring my "other" kids (which I am sure looked amusing in the sign-up list).

The weather was absolutely PERFECT for the movie (we've had a lot of rain lately, but none tonight) and the leaders who staffed the various food and face-painting-type booths were all so kind and friendly.

Thanks Progressive for caring about my family and giving me a great chance to show them how awesome my employer is!


Song Of The Day:
I am afraid I may have featured the song "Movies" by Alien Ant Farm in a previous blog post.  That said, I love the tune and it fits with the post today so I guess we'll just have to accept a repeat viewing if that is the case.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment