Monday, November 4, 2013

4 - Who Sings That ?

From the Facebook post little known facts about Josh Case Sr:

4 - I am unashamed to like music by unpopular (see: openly scorned) artists.

Examples include: Justin Bieber, One Direction (see: boy bands in general), Yanni, Barry Manilow, Miley Cyrus, Britney Spears, Madonna, etc.  I just have an appreciation for good music regardless of who sings it.  You can hate the person all you want, but a good song, or good recording deserves the credit for its goodness.

Think of an artist or group who you have heard disparaging comments about and there is probably at least one of their songs that I like.  Next time, try this experiment: pretend like the song is being sung by a person or group that you really like and let your ears decide if it's "awful" or not.  I'd be willing to bet you will surprise yourself ... and may even open your mind to some great music in the process.


Song Of The Day:
As explained in item #4 above, I am unashamed of good music, regardless of who the artist is that created or performed the tune. Case in point: "The Story Of My Life" by One Direction is a very good song (in my opinion), but many people will miss out on that because of the artists who sing it. Too bad for you. Judging that book by it's cover is causing you to miss out on some great music.

No comments:

Post a Comment