Thursday, January 23, 2014

Why Do I Feel So Blah ?

It doesn't happen often. I've never tracked it, but I would guess its only a few times a year, if that many.  It also doesn't last very long, usually anyway.

I never really know what starts it and there never seems to be a common solution.  I am the kind of person who pays attention to those kinds of trends and patterns, but this seems to have no rhyme or reason.

I just feel sort of blah.
 

It's been this way for almost a week ... and I have no idea why.

I've tried all sorts of things that have worked in the past: exercise, playing games, reading scriptures, listening to uplifting music, date night with my sweetheart, going to bed early, getting up early, prayer, play wrestling with my kids, blogging, finishing a project, cleaning, making lists (including one of all I am thankful for), etc.

I'm still kinda feeling blah.

I am certainly not the only person who ever gets this way, but I'm not a fan of it (not that other people are either).  I just hope it goes away soon and I can be my normal (well, normal for me anyway) self again.


Song Of The Day:
Perhaps the recent re-realization of my age and stage in life has something to do with the mood.  I  recently calculated that I have around 30 years until retirement.  That's not good or bad, it just is.  I'm well on my way to goals I had in mind for this time in my life, but sometimes 30 more years of work sounds like f o r e v e r ... so here is "Forever Young" by Alphaville for your ThrowBack Thursday.  It's just a good, yet melancholy tune, and when you're feeling blah at least you can enjoy some good melancholy tunes.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment