Friday, March 21, 2014

That's A Best Picture Nominee ?

This evening my wife and I settled in to view a movie we had recently heard a lot about and decided we should finally watch.  This movie was one of ten films to receive an Academy Award nomination for best picture this year.  Needless to say, our expectations were reasonably high.

I learned two things after watching Gravity:
First, I have no idea what constitutes a "best picture" any longer.
Second, I am thankful my wife agrees with me (she has no idea what constitutes a "best picture" any longer either).


Song Of The Day:
One exceptionally perfect thing that came from watching the film is that it provides a perfect tie in for me to feature a recent song that I simply LOVE!  In fact, I love it so much that you get TWO versions for the price of reading ONE (short) blog post.
"Say Something" is originally performed by A Great Big World (featuring Christina Aguilera) but this a capella version by Pentatonix is absolutely amazing in it's own right.
SPOILER ALERT:  The perfect tie in is found in the lyrics "say something I'm giving up on you" which would have been a perfect phrase to hear Sandra Bullock's character utter to George Clooney's character as he floats off into space.  At that point their intercoms are the only method of connection between them and she begins to lose sight and sound of him.  If he could just say something she wouldn't have to give up on him

...

No comments:

Post a Comment