Wednesday, July 2, 2014

What's Your Irrational Fear ?

I have a fear of sneezing in front of large groups of people.

No, I am not kidding.  Yes, I do realize this is completely irrational.

What am I worried about?  Well, for starters, I actually worry that some sort of mucus or snot will come out of my nose, or that some phlegm from my throat will launch across the room or table I am seated at and spray all over someone else.  And to compound either worst case scenario described there, I will be completely unprepared and have nothing with which to wipe this disgusting bodily fluid from my own face or the face of anyone I accosted.

The fear is so bad that I have actually trained myself to withhold sneezing during these settings.  This may cause me serious health issues later, but I'm honestly willing to accept them in exchange for not experiencing the awkward sneeze in front of a group.  There is a downside to this skill though, as my face contorts in some odd ways when keeping the sneeze in.  If someone is looking directly at me while I'm doing this, it causes some very odd stares and conversations afterward.  No matter, it is still better than snot missiles or having boogers on my face.


Song Of The Day:
What would a weird post be without a Weird Al song?  It'd be a travesty!  So here is "Gotta Boogie" and if you haven't heard it before, enjoy the lyrics ... they will make you rethink words we use in music (and it just might help ruin any 70's music for you).

...

No comments:

Post a Comment