Monday, August 4, 2014

My Life Cycle Is Over ?

Okay, actually not MY life cycle, but the life cycle for my laptop at work.  Apparently, these laptops have a 3-year life cycle, after which our IT department has orders to replace them.

I pretended this wasn't going to happen by ignoring the emails as long as I could, but when the day finally came, it was surprisingly fast - and I had NO issues!  And best of all, the new laptop has some nifty features that I already love.

For starters, it is significantly lighter and thinner.  This doesn't seem like a big deal, but as often as I am toting it around multiple floors and buildings at work, it was a noticeable change.

It also has a quiet keyboard with back-lit keys (they light up when in use).  This eliminates the need for a keyboard light but I think I like the quieter keys even more.  I am often typing on the laptop in the back of Training rooms and before I've felt like my typing may be a distraction - but not any more.  You can't barely even hear it sitting right next to me, let alone across a large room.


In a serendipitous twist, the comic above was just on my Dilbert desktop calendar within this past week.  I'm super excited about my new laptop, but I also feel like technology is laughing at my age.


Song Of The Day:
I like the Brad Paisley tune "Welcome To The Future" because it conveys how far we've come with technology but also how far we have come with other developments.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment