Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Do You Like You ?

Song Of The Day:
Today's post is inspired by a song by Colbie Caillat titled "Try"

The song itself has a strong enough message that there is some risk in my trying to add anything to it as an explanation.  Take a moment to listen to it and focus on the lyrics.

No really, do it.  The rest of this post can wait.

...

...

...

Okay.  Did you hear the part that says you don't have to try so hard?  Did you really stop and think about the actions you are taking just to impress others whose opinions shouldn't matter so much?  If not, you really should.

There is a time and a place for challenging ourselves to make changes - but it should NEVER be to impress someone else!

I will be keeping this song nearby when my daughters get to the age when they are more openly influenced by peer pressure.  I will force each of my children to focus on the message of this song.  And I will make sure they understand that the last line will always be true.  Not only will I always love my children - I will like them for who they are, no matter which path they choose for themselves.  I will always want the best for them and I will challenge them to consider why they are making certain choices ... but I will ALWAYS be there for them!

...

No comments:

Post a Comment